Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sugar Spun Powder Pouf


I looked up lambswool powder puffs on the internet and was shocked at the prices! Sooooo, I decided to make my own! This is made with a blend of Merino Wool, Alpaca and Tussah Silk roving. I cut two bunches from the roving, laid them out, sandwiching some pink wool roving in the center. You can't see the pink in this image, there is just a bare hint of it. Then, I needle felted the layers in the center on both front, back and sides, pinching it together to make a slight bow shape.. After the felting was done, I fluffed it out, combed it, trimmed it and added a sweet vintage flower and Italian glass bead to make it luxuriously beautiful! Try makin your own! I bought this roving blend from missbabs_fibers on ebay. The roving cost less than buying 1 commercially made puff and I will be able to make many puffs from it or use it in my other felting crafts! You can also use all wool or all alpaca, but I don't know if all silk fiber would felt. Experiment, have fun and leave comments letting me know how it worked for you!

No comments: